Diploma in Nursing
Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2022 at one of the College campuses:
• Ann Latsky Campus
• Bonalesedi Campus
• Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus
• SG Lourens Campus
• Must be a South African citizen, who resides in the Gauteng Province
• Be in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates,
• A Senior Certificate (Standard 10)
• National Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
• National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4
• The following subject criteria are required.
• Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C. Biology HG D or SG C. Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
• National Senior Certificate:
English Level 4,
Life Sciences Level 4. Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score)
• Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in then Grade th final results
• National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4: 50, in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language. Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation, and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Carel. Competencies and attributes:
• Problem-solving ability
• Ability to relate to people
• Organisational ability
• Leadership ability
• Calmness during a crisis
• Communication, numeracy and life skills
• Computer literacy
• Study skills
• Compassionate and caring.
Notes: All short-listed applicants will undergo a compulsory psychometric assessment. Successful applicants on psychometric assessment will be required to undergo medical surveillance, including a physical examination and verification of all documentation.
Applicants are required to scan and upload their Senior/National Senior/ National Certificate (Vocational) or statement of Grade 12 results or final Grade 11 results. Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful candidates in the form of a bursary.
Candidates can apply via the following link: www.nursingintake.gauteng.gov.za.
Completion of all processes during the recruitment and selection process does not guarantee final selection for the programme.
Successful applicants will be requireed to: Sign an agreement with the Gauteng Department of Health Attend lectures.
Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning NVIL) which includes shifts and working on public holidays, week-ends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the programme requirements
Enquiries: Gauteng Central Selection – Centre tel (011) 644-8946
Online applications open on: 01 August 2021 Closing date: 14 August 2021